Faith in Action: Volunteer Opportunities
- Medical Transportation: Help seniors remain independent and in their home by giving rides to and from medical appointments. This is a flexible opportunity where you select the rides that fit your schedule.
- Shopping Transportation: Assist seniors with their grocery shopping once or twice a month. Shopping volunteers assist seniors with their shopping by taking them to the grocery store or in some cases shop for them. Volunteers select shopping trips or can be paired with a senior to shop with/for on a regular basis.
- Friendly Visits/Phone Calls: Make a difference by visiting or calling a senior once or twice a month. A unique opportunity, making weekly or bi-weekly phone calls or visits to a senior is a rewarding way to give back.
- Transportation Desk: This is a perfect opportunity for someone who enjoys working in an office setting. Transportation Desk volunteers answer the phone, schedule rides for our care receivers, make calls, and help with different office tasks.
- Special Events: From fundraisers to celebrations, volunteers play an integral role in making each event a success. If you have a special talent you would like to share, you may find an outlet helping with one of our many events through the year.
- Committees: Faith in Action is a volunteer-driven non-profit. We have several committees that help organize our events and help us stay connected to the community. This is a good opportunity to help make things happen!
- Congregation Liaisons: Help Faith in Action stay active in the community by taking our mission and sharing it with your congregation. Liaisons attend quarterly meetings and help facilitate communication between our office and your church. They play an important role in our ability to effectively serve our community.
- Home Maintenance: Assist seniors with seasonal maintenance. Faith in Action will send out groups of volunteers to rake leaves or paint exteriors. This is a great service opportunity for an organization, club, or a team.
There is no minimum time commitment to volunteer with Faith in Action. We offer flexible, rewarding ways to help seniors in our community stay active, independent, and in their own homes.